Skip to main content

Echo Mountain skiing

At the beginning of January I went to Echo Mountain to ski with my friends. It was absolutely amazing. Towards the end of the night it started to get really cold. Echo Mountain is a great place to start out and begin skiing or snowboarding. I have to say it was icy so that was a downfall and all of the runs were not open because there wasn't enough snow. But I would still go back to teach my daughter how to ski because **bonus** kids 5 and under are FREE!💃☀️⛷
I love this saying - "The mountains are calling and I must go." John Muir is credited for writing it in a letter. He was morn in 1838, he was one of America's most famous and influential "outdoor enthusiasts,"  which in his era, were called naturalists. He remains one of California's most important historical personalities and is generally still known today as one of the Father's of our National parks. He once described himself as,  a "poetico-trampo-geologist-botanist and ornithologist-naturalist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No specific title because I can't think of one

Hi I'm glad to finally blog again! I'm so excited because I have been meaning to write. I blogged 7 years ago but I couldn't find my blog, I wish I found it because I'm sure it would be very funny to read. Hahaha shoot I'm still going to look for it, I think I was trying to sound like a blogger by saying dumb stuff like this "it is lightly raining outside the ground is damp and the night is silent, but I hear a low whistle from the train." In other words I was trying very hard to be a blogger. Okay so I can't stop thinking about how cute this was! At the grocery store today there was people there very excited about my dolly baby girl and one was a toddler. She said "mom a baby, a baby baby baby baby!" I almost said something back along the lines of yeah love em when they can't run away yet or sass back to you haha. But instead I just smiled. Then there was an older girl with down syndrome and she was so happy to see a baby too she said

Labor day golfing

Yesterday we went golfing with our friends here it was really fun. Carmen loves it, she props her foot up on the wheel and looks around. I bought her a little toothbrush and she sucks on it like a teething toy. We're excited today it is 85 degrees only because yesterday it was 100 degrees outside. If anybody ever visits Colorado and likes to golf and see pretty views, go to Marianna Butte in Loveland.  last week I was going to town and cleaning my whole house and getting rid of junk. I threw away a $500 check I realized and it already went to the dump. Shoot! So I wasn't sleeping good that night and the next morning I woke up and called the place that sent the check and told them my problem. His name was Norman and he lived in Dallas, Texas. He was laughing about what I did and said yeah send that money my way if you can afford to throw away money. They're sending a new one now so I'm glad I fixed that. 

Coffee and cookies

I woke up in the morning and had a cookie and coffee and read about natural weed killer. I'm going to pick the weeds or spray them with an epsom salt combination. Here's the recipe-  1 gallon vinegar, 2 Cups Epsom salt, 1/4th Cup dawn dishwashing soap and spray it heavily first thing in the morning and the weeds will go away. Roundup is an herbicide that contains glyphosate which kills plants. There are other chemicals in it besides glyphosate that are damaging too. Monsanto introduced roundup in 1974 and it dominates the markets. That's not good because it is bad for our body and our wildlife. I don't mind some weeds, I think a little imperfection looks best. I don't want an immaculate yard in the suburbs. I want a yard with healthy squirrels, rabbits and birds and my baby and dog to breathe pure air and not step on chemicals. I grew herbs and flowers and I need to transplant them outside soon. I'm going to help build some raised garden beds too. Spring time is